Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Another Quick Update, Because Procrastinating

Hey everyone! I meant to have this up last Friday, and I’ve got no idea how that didn’t happen.  I have a million and one excuses, but I won’t waste your time or mine with them.

I had a follow-up appointment with my surgeon last Tuesday, and an occupational therapy appointment the following Thursday.  (Rather more driving than I would have preferred to be doing).  Excitingly enough, they agreed that my finger’s range of motion is getting close enough to normal to play cello again for a few minutes.  I can’t play for long, and if I feel any pain at all, I’ll have to stop and give it more time.

The day we’ve picked to try it is this Friday, the last day in May.  It’s six months to the day since the last time I played, at the end of November, and I haven’t played using my little finger since September.  Not surprisingly, I’m quite excited.

My plan so far (after I figure out which end goes up) is to just try a C Major scale, at a few different tempi.  I still don’t think my finger is far enough along to try anything that would require any extensions, and it’s been so long since I last played that I don’t know that I’m up for anything very complicated. 


I’ll leave you with this for now, dear friends, and I’ll let you know how things go. Look for another post Friday evening or Saturday morning, no procrastinating on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment