Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Just a Quick Update

Well, I'm having surgery on my finger tomorrow, I'll be sure to post about how that goes.  We're leaving at 4:30 in the morning to check in at the hospital at 5:30.  Surgery itself starts at 7:30 and should take less than two hours. (Then I can go back to bed and make up for all the sleep I missed earlier.)

The rough long term timeline: I'll go back to weekly occupational therapy appointments in a few weeks, and then should be playing cello again by August or so.

I've started the search for a 7/8th size cello. We're hoping that, though it's not a big size difference, it'll be enough of a difference to take some of the strain off of my hand in the future.

I'm also applying for graduate schools, and I'm hoping to be done with occupational therapy by September, as my first-choice school is in the UK, and I'd prefer not to have to find a new occupational therapist out there.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: